Monday, July 25, 2011

If I completely run out of money in Japan and nobody can let me borrow some would the gov. kick me out?

Question:


I was actually fine about a week ago. I had a lot of money but the airline company I was fliying to Japan with overcharged me because the weight of my bag was over and my only other option would have been to throw some stuff away, which I wouldn`t do. Anyway, they have never done this before and I have flown with them with the bags weighing exactly the same and was never charged like this before. Anyway, if I run out of money then I can`t eat, sleep or do much of anything, let alone buy a return ticket to the US. Could I explain my situation and would the government just kind of mercy kick me out? I wouldn`t even mind being kicked out since I need to return home anyways. I can`t see it being so bad because I have not gone over on my visa or anything like this. Any experts on here that know what happens in situations like this? Would I be punished for this?

Answer:


I am confused how did you get into the country with a one way ticket? did you hawk your return ticket or something? i don't believe that line as although you are from a visa waiver country, immigration won't allow you into the country with a one way ticket. If you run out of money you just have to find your return ticket and go back home. Simples isn't it? if you are "really" stuck the embassy should be able to help you out. They will buy your return ticket with only stipulation been that you pay them back when you get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment