Thursday, October 20, 2011

Can you give me your thoughts on Keio University?

Question:


I have a chance to do one-year exchange program in Keio University. I am confused because I heard getting by in this university could be very expensive. Can you tell me what you think about Keio and its image in Japan?

Answer:


It's one of the two best private universities in Japan. Probably the equivilant of a Yale, Princeton, or Stanford. Just being a student there has cache in Japan, let alone being a graduate from there. Even though you're not a regular student there, just being able to say you're a Keio student will open doors for you depending on what you plan to do there.

As for being expensive, it depends what you mean by "getting by". If you're going on an exchange program, most of your costs will be taken care of for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment