Friday, June 17, 2011

Is Japan safe for a single female traveller?

Question:


I am going to Japan in January and I will be travelling by myself. Is Japan female friendly country or do I need to be slightly aware like on mainland Asia or South America? I heard Japan is quite safe but I don't know any girl who would travel around by herself. How are female travelers treated in Japan?

Answer:


Japan is an amazing country but as with absolutely anywhere in the world there are still dodgy people about. Act sensibly and always be careful - I work for an airline and travel the world and often go out by myself. A few years ago a colleague of mine went travelling to Japan, took silly risks trusting somebody and ended up horrifically murdered - head severed! Google it if you think I'm exaggerating! But please don't take that as Japan being a dangerous place - I love it there. Just never be too trusting anywhere with anyone and maybe things like if you're in a bar don't ever leave your drink whilst going off to the toilet - nowadays these different 'date rape' drugs are prevalent anywhere. I hope you have an amazing time and meet some fantastic people. Please take care and enjoy it x

No comments:

Post a Comment