Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Would my beginner Japanese be enough to get around in Japan?

Question:


Hello all! I'm planning on taking a 3 week honeymoon to travel Japan in the Fall of 2012. I've already started learning Japanese and can write in Hiragana and Katakana (as well as read it) and have some basic sentence structures down with some vocab. I don't have any Kanji memorized as it still overwhelms me a little. 0.0 But, if I keep working on my Japanese, by the time we leave for Japan in a little over a year will that be enough? I'm worried I won't be able to understand anyone and won't be able to speak well enough. We are going to popular cities and possibly some smaller places that may not have English speakers. What's your opinion? Thank you so much! =)

Answer:


if you have over a year to practice you should be fine. most japanese know some english and they will try their best to understand you. but if you know hiragana and katakana already and learn some basic sentences, i think youll get around just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment