Sunday, July 31, 2011

Help! I have 3 questions about Shintoism:?

Question:


Help! I have 3 questions about Shintoism:?
Can you please give me about info about the the "san hikari" lit. "three lights") are the sun, the moon, and the stars, each with its own associated color and properties. I need some information about it.

Also can you give me some information about Ofudas which are tailsman used in Shinto shrines? Can you also give me info about The Imperial Regalia of Japan?

Answer:


You'd better narrow down your questions. It's too vague just to ask "info, about something".
It's like to say "give me info. about the Holy Bible". It's hard to answer.

Three lights: It's part of the polar star faith. It had been believed that the polar star is the load of heaven, and it control the world below them. The sun, moon, star in the san hikari represent servant of the load polar star. I don't know each has its own colors.

Ofuda: Yes, its talisman made of wood or paper. It would protect people from evil.

Imperial Regalia: Three objects, the Mirror, the Gem, and the Sword are the testament of the heir to the throne. People who hold these three could ascend the genuine imperial throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment