Friday, September 2, 2011

How can I discover my birth-grandparents in Japan?

Question:


My dad was adopted from Japan when he was 2 years old I believe. And not shortly after that, him and his adopted parents moved to America. Sadly, I'm afraid we've lost his adoption papers.. So, I'm not sure how to find my birth-grandparents, or where to start. All I know about my birth-grandparents is that they had 3 children, one being my dad, another his brother, and a third brother who passed away. Can anybody help me? I really want to discover my Dad's side of the family. What steps do I need to take in order to find the hospital he was born/adopted at, etc, how to find his real parents? etc etc. Thankssss.

Answer:


I think it is up to your dad to do this and not yourself i am afraid. It is possible he wants to move on with his life and you just trying to bring this up might be burden to him. Having said this, you can always ask him if he is interested in finding out and seek his permission if you want to 'go it alone'. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment