Thursday, April 14, 2011

Did radiation ever reach Osaka?

Question:


My Japanese friend from osaka was saying to me that if the winds change then radiation can go to her city. I'm really worried, because she lives there. She posted this on facebook about 1 or 2 weeks ago though.
Also, what is the update with the plant if anyone knows?

Answer:


The radiation has reached all the way to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. So yes it has reached Osaka but the level is so low it won't hurt you at all only the 20 miles around Fukushima have levels high enough to harm you after prolonged exposure.

I know how worrying it can be my fiancé's family lives in Osaka and I have many friends who live in Kobe and Tokyo. But it's all okay the radiation levels are really low and decreasing every day. You'd need to live in Tokyo for a hundred years before the radiation you got from Fukushima was the same as a 6hour plane flight.

The reactor has stopped leaking water, and they are pumping water in to cool the rods. They also have the back up generators working again.

My soon to be Brother-in-law told me on the phone the other day every one out side of Japan was panicking way more then the people in Japan and they think we are all making to much of it.

If you want to help you can give to the Japanese Red Cross the tsunami did the real damage and that's the story we are not hearing on the news. Also make sure to buy The QuakeBook all of the proceeds go to help the victims rebuild there lives. It was written by celebrities, journalists and survivors of the quake.

No comments:

Post a Comment