Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Okinawan, kansai, Uchinaaguchi, or standard japanese?

Question:


Okay so I'm moving to japan this summer permanently. 14 years old nisei, and I speak Japanese fluently(no gaijin accent)

But I normally speak with a heavy kansai dialect(kansai ben) because my mom is from Osaka. I can try to speak the standard dialect but I do still have a noticeable amount of kansai and okinawan dialect in there. However I also speak Uchinaaguchi (the native Okinawan language) fluently, which I know is rare but I do cause my dad is like hardcore Okinawan and has forced me to speak to him with it ever since I was little.

Soooo my question is, whether I should the standard dialect(hyoujungo), kansai-ben, or uchinaaguchi.

10 points!! thanks guys(:

Answer:


It depends on which part of Japan you're moving to. But anyways, I don't think you have to worry too much about Kansai or Hyojungo, there has been quite a mixing of these 2 dialects together, especially in casual speech such as めちゃ for すごく and あかん for だめ. 

Uchinaaguchi is not that widely spoken though, so people might not know if you speak in that dialect.

No comments:

Post a Comment