Friday, May 6, 2011

What are the differences of japanese housing?

Question:


For my Japanese school assignment, I have to pretend I stayed in Japan and I have to say what I liked and disliked about the houses there.
And say what elements of a japanese house would I incorporate into my house if I were to build one here in Australia?

So I was wondering what are all the different things about japanese houses, for example their futon beds and their baths???

Thank you!

Answer:


Generally much smaller size than what you have back home, many places are roach infested in the summer, they are thinner in construction and not meant to last decades as they are in the west, kitchens are far more utilitarian and with much less interior decoration, and with the Japanese climate air conditioning in the summer is almost a must. They also use a lot of kerosene heaters in many homes for the winter, but since they burn oxygen you must open the door or windows periodically - kind of defeats the purpose. Outside space for lawn and gardens is also small or non-existent in many cities. Otherwise they can be comfortable and even cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment