Saturday, September 3, 2011

Going to Japan in sept 2012, need to learn the language efficiently and quick?

Question:


I am at art college and next september we are going to an abroad trip in Niigata, Japan. First off I just want to say, all my life i really really really really wanted to go. Japanese culture is very interesting and I hear great things about people who go. However I am on the frantic side. i have never been able to learn japanese at an affordable rare. My room mate did give me 1GB worth of downloadble text book material on hirugana and katakana. But other than that I don't know how to start. I wish i learned jap at the age of 3 so i can retain and absorb all that information. as an 18 year old it will hard as hell AND i have my college work to keep up with. So please someone tell me what I can do. i am not getting Rosseta stone its just too expensive. Also the culture. I don't wanna come off as xenophobic. But I am kind of afraid of the japanese people. I hear mixed things about them being nice or racist. But i mostly here they are cautious of foreigners and make people incredibly socially awkward. I have aspergers syndrome and I think my brain will go into overload if I were to encounter such a situation. So I wanna go its a once in a life time thing, but i don't think I can handle it. I don't wanna be seen as ome dumb american white kid.

Answer:


Rosetta stone is rubbish and expensive. To get up to scratch, learn using various methods: internet tutorials, books, CDs/DVD's and personal tuition (this need not be expensive if you look at your local community sites)

No comments:

Post a Comment