Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm Homesick for Japan .. What to do?

Question:


So I moved to Japan to be an international student 2 years ago. I grew accustomed to Japan and Japanese culture I consider Japan my home basically, I'm even called Japanese by my friends in Japan. My boyfriend is there, all my friends are there (none left in the U.S really since I was gone so long, and I changed but people her didnt, you know..) and so I just feel really down and sh!tty being someplace I don't consider home. I'm stuck her for at least a year to finish up my studies (I want to teach so .. getting a degree in an English speaking country was really the only way .. a Japanese degree in Japan for teaching English would just not look very good). So what I can I do to survive this year or two back in the U.S away from everything and everyone I love? Most people when theyre depressed enough just go home, but because of VISA issues, I cant go home!

Answer:


You stayed in Japan as a student. But that's the time you can really enjoy.

If you start working, you are required to work like 12-14 hours with low salary. Only some lucky people will get a better job. Or you may end up without a job.

Perhaps, it's different as an English teacher. But I don't know.

Anyway, if you move to Japan as a worker, you will see something different, not Japan you saw 2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment