Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What are some plus size women's clothing stores in Tokyo, Japan?

Question:


I plan to stay about a month in Tokyo, Japan early next year or around November of this year. Shopping, is one of the first things on my list that I would like to do. I know that, like most countries, Japan has it's share of fat, skinny, tall, short: mixed body types. I was curious if anyone knows of specific stores in Tokyo, that sell plus size clothing for women. Currently I am around a 3x-5x size, depending on what it is (underwear, shirt, pants) and what brand made it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Answer:


If I can be blunt, you'll have a hard time finding things in Japan. You may be able to find large enough sizes, but chances are they will be extremely expensive.

I'm a plus sized person too, and I don't do much shopping in Japan. I try to go home once a year or so and stock up. Underwear? Do you like polyester? That's what they have for undies, I've never looked at bras as the majority here are very "cute" and are padded. I don't need any padding!

Another poster recommended Nissen, they have some decent looking larger sized clothing.

Aeon(Jusco) also has some clothing that goes up to 5 or 6L in their larger sized department, and if you don't mind getting men's stuff, their mens department goes up to 7 or 8L (I think.)

Uniqlo goes up to XL for ladies, and XXL for Men...you might get some things there.

I don't live in Tokyo, so I could be completely wrong, but I think you will have problems buying clothes. I hope I'm wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment