Saturday, October 1, 2011

5 days in Japan. How much money should I have ready?

Question:


Hi. I'm wondering how much money would suffice for 5 days in Japan, say for food, lodging and buying some cheap souvenirs? As I plan on going around mid-January, I was also wondering how the weather would be, particularly in Kyoto and Osaka. The places I plan on visiting are Sanjusangendo and Toji temple in Kyoto, as well as Osaka Castle. Well, Osaka-jo Hall to be specific, since I'm going to watch a live concert. Also, I have heard of train passes, would it be cheaper for travel if I purchased one? Thank you in advance.

Answer:


Depends on your demands....there are discount places to stay, such as the Superhotel chain or Toyoko Inn and others, see:
www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/
www.superhoteljapan.com/en/
http://www.kid97.co.jp/~jeh-group/jeh-gr…
or even cheaper places like
www.o-e-h.com
www.kyotojp.com
www.hotel-toyo.jp/
You can also get a day pass for the city subways for about 1000 yen or USD$13 or so, and for food you can easily eat at some less expensive places for about 3000 yen a day or less. If you want to go all over the Kansai area then a JR West Rail Pass might be a good idea. You should not miss Nara and to see a real Japanese castle, go to Himeji.
Souvenirs can be a couple of bucks to anything higher, whatever you want to spend.
Osaka weather is often about 8C (46F) in the day to just above freezing at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment