Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is the best, quickest and the cheapest way to become a volunteer in japan?

Question:


I'm 34. I resigned from my last job. I always wanted to go to Japan to visit and explore and now with the disaster I think I have a nobel opporunity not only to discover but to volunteer.

Please help me figure out the best way I can do this. thank you! I am 34 and very motivated to help.

Answer:


That depends! What city will you go to? I used to live in Tokyo but moved to Yokohama. The most affected zones, surely you know, are Tokyo, Fukushima and Sendai, so if you want to help, that's the best locations you shall choose. Ishinomaki and my city, Yokohama, were also quite affected by the quake too. In Yokohama, for instance, the magnitude was 6.4 and ranked fifth, and in Ishinomaki it was 7.0, ranking fourth.

What I did in Yokohama, because my mother's a doc, was help her with the wounded, but that was then, and I couldn't do much because of my age. Afterwards I helped with cleaning the mess, but there are still plenty of affected zones that haven't been cleaned yet. I know that you can volunteer at homeless elders shelters or in adoption centres where there are so many orphans. Also, because of the earthquakes, many animals have died or were left with no roof to stay under as well, so now the animal care centres are busy and in need of help.

Japan has pretty much made a fast and good recovery - not a complete one yet, though, and I know that any hand comes in handy! I am really, really happy to see that people care about Japan and are motivated to help us. :) We hope to make a full recovery as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment