Saturday, May 7, 2011

How to dress for a Japanese festival? And where to get it online?

Question:


Originally we (my boyfriend, his twin sister, and I) were going to go a cherry blossom festival back in March, but it was canceled. There will be a festival held next month for a Japan relief fund raiser, and the two geniuses want to dress up. My boyfriend's sister, who is really into to the culture and everything, already has her own. My boyfriend and I don't know what we're looking for, or where to look for it.
I'd prefer online, but I don't want to go on eBay or Amazon. The boyfriend and I don't want to match, and he is amazingly short; I am 6'2", he is 4'10"
Any suggestions of what we should be looking for or have a site to pass on?

Answer:


If you are looking for Yukata or Kimono, (japanese dress for Men and Women) you can look up Rakuten.co.jp. They are online shops in Japan, and there are shops that send items internationally. but if you want to get them for this festival, then you might want to order them now. it will take longer for shipping.
normally Yukata is one size but there are sites that have taller size or small size items for you and your bf.

http://search.rakuten.co.jp/borderless/m…

above link should be already showing all the shops ships internationally. there are some goodie bag promotion that you can buy which includes all the necessary items. however there are some that you cannot choose the yukata and they will choose for you according your preferences. just try to look around and see if you can get what you want. it can be little tricky in japanese, but some shops for english so good luck!

hope it helps~.

No comments:

Post a Comment