Saturday, May 7, 2011

Moving house in japan (Kansai)?

Question:


I might be moving house soon, and as I have quite a lot of stuff (fridges, bookcases, bed etc) Im looking into hiring a removal company to help.

Does anyone know ...

a - of any companies which are reputable or you could personally recommend?
b - how much it will cost on average?

I will be moving within the same area, and I am currently on the 3rd floor of an apartment with an elevator, If that makes a difference.

I would normally just do it myself, but I have a small child and a lot of stuff...

Answer:


I moved several times while in Japan, I can't remember the company but they had a two price tier. One for boxed, ( or cardboard wrapped ) one for un boxed. Boxed was cheaper.
On one occasion I actually wrapped the Fridge ( I know, cheapskate me ) The removal men where not too happy at first but after a bit of friendly persuasion they took it as a boxed item.

BTW, this company didn't take the items from A to B, They took them to a depot first and then delivered, it took several days.

I would suggest getting a few prices before deciding.

Edit; Just a thought. In the U.K. we have a " Van & Man" service, Amongst other things they do a small load delivery service. Perhaps someone can put you in touch with a similar service in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment