Monday, July 18, 2011

How hard is it to date as a gaijin in Japan?

Question:


Some of my male friends joke about how easy it is to get laid in Japan, and I'll be living there for a few years to teach English. But how hard is it to date in Japan? I'm not the kind of guy that approaches women because I'm quiet and keep to myself.

Answer:


Not that hard if you are open minded about our culture. Note that most Japanese girls, with the exemption of the Japanese prostitutes, are conservative. And many have the idea that Americans/Westerners are aggressive in love. You just need to understand and cope in well.
Not all Japanese girls act or feel the same. Honestly, you won't find it hard at all. Many young women in Tokyo hang out or date with foreigners, casual dating can be easy. But finding a serious partner will be very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment