Saturday, July 2, 2011

When I leave the US, when will I arrive in Japan?

Question:


Okay this might be a dumb question, but if I'm leaving the US on Monday at 4 pm and its a 20 hr flight; what time and day roundabout will I arrive in Japan? I'm a little confused with the time change...
Thanks!

Answer:


It depends on the time zone from which you are leaving. EST? Leave at 4PM, you arrive on Tues at 12PM EST for a 20 hour flight. Tues 12PM EST is Wed 1AM Japan time, well, during daylight savings time.

You'd probably have to take a taxi to a hotel nearby. If you are arriving in Tokyo, you don't want to pay taxi fare into the city.

This timing thing sounds a bit weird to me. I've just never been on a flight that arrived so late. Almost that late when I went to Guam once.

EDIT: Best listen to xX, Taro and myself. And is it just me but does an arrival time of 1AM sound somewhat strange?

No comments:

Post a Comment