Sunday, August 21, 2011

Infected cut help? Unsure of Japanese treatment?

Question:


I have two very smell cuts that have gone slightly infected, I've been draining the pus out every morning but my family (I live in Japan, but don't speak Japanese very well, hence why I am here) have been giving weird treatment.

Instead of giving me herbs or anything, they take a pan of boiling water, add matcha (Green tea powder) and take a cloth. While still boiling they dip in the cloth, leave it for a few seconds then apply it to the cut.

I'm wondering would this help at all (I'm a strongly in favour of using rosemary, but they all swear this will work), would it help or am I better off trying to get hold of herbs I trust?

I'm not fond of taking un-needed drugs. I've had this kind of infection before and it clears up well enough on its own.

All I wish to know is how effective this will be for it.

Answer:


If you are going to go in for the homeopathic treatment thing, I'm not the one to talk to. Yes, you have an infected cut. The proper procedure is to go to a licensed medical doctor who will put you on a course of antibiotics. The only difference between Japan and the U.S. is that in the U.S. the doctor will give you a 10 day supply, tell you to take it all and be done with it. Here in Japan, the doctor will give you a 5 day supply and tell you to come back in 5 days, at which time guess what you will get???? Another 5 day supply. I contend that this boosts their salary through office visits. My wife insists they are just being 'careful'.

As for unneeded drugs, let the infection become severe and see how much you wish you had taken some of those 'unneeded' drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment