Sunday, August 21, 2011

Japanese Proverb - 雨降って地固まる?

Question:


What do you think of this proverb?

I can read the kanji, and I can understand the meaning, but my Japanese is nowhere NEAR native level, and just wanted to know what you fluent or native Japanese think of it? Is it a really lame thing to say, or a beautiful thing, or wise, or what?

Basically, Its my favourite Japanese proverb, and Im thinking about getting it tattooed on me. BUT not if im going to look like a complete tool at the end of it... Opinions? Alternatively I like the "get knocked down 7 times but get back up 8" (七転び八起き) but EVERYONE seems to have that ... kind of common. And i like the one about the rain much better.

Many thanks :D

Answer:


Oh, I have never seen this proverb as being cool or lame way. It's just a proverb.

But if I say my opinion, I can say this is a cool proverb because it means that you will have a good result after some hardships.

So if you want to tattoo it, go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment