Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Should i go to Korea, or Japan?

Question:


Im having such a hard time make a choice.
Hi, Im 16 years old. :D

i can either go to korea or japan.
Korea Pros: I will go with a friend who is 18 years old, its cheaper for a homestay and well ill be with a friend, and it will be over the summer !
Cons: i dont know korean, and well i only got intrested in it when i started listing to kpop and asian dramas(heheheh) and ive always wanted to be an exchange student so just staying for the summer does not sound very fun....

Japan Pros:
I speak japanese :D wooo well not really. lmao but im going into my third year and im pretty good at SPEAKING it. i will go to Japan as a student ...do Japanese people like americans? my moms friend went to japan when she was younger and she said they loved anything forigen but that was awhile ago. and ive been intrested in japan awhile

Cons: its waaaay more pricey. i wont be with a friend and it will really suck if no one tallks to me at that school, plus it would be my senior year... dont really want to mess that up. ahahas. and i cant really understand it... i can read it! except some kanjis.. .and so forth.

BUT YEAH. idk tell me your oppinion. and if your from there, can you tell me about it? and how people are there, as in niceness and how they react to americans? (:

Answer:


Will you get your diploma if you spend your senior year in Japan? Or does it mean coming back home and repeating your senior year? You mentioned 'messing up your senior year' but this could be more than just a little 'mess up'. How do YOU feel about that? Are you willing to pay the price of graduating late to study in Japan? My daughter will probably spend a year in the U.S. during high school, but the school she is going to attend considers that as a year toward graduation, so she'll graduate on time.

I didn't find Korea appealing on the one trip I took there. My wife is going there on business and planned for me and the kids to come over for a short trip too. I said I wasn't interested. One of my daughters has since said she doesn't want to go either. (The one who is going to spend a year in the U.S.) Bottom line, I don't want to visit Korea again. Didn't really care for the first trip except it was something to do and got to see a place I don't want to go again. The one thing I wanted to do, visit the DMZ, wasn't possible because the Northern natives were apparently a bit restless while I was there.

Suggestion? Maybe save your money and do a homestay after graduating? Spend the entire summer here between high school and college. That would be a nice adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment