Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What to expect when going to Tokyo?

Question:


I just want to know what to expect when I go just generally
I will be staying for about 2 or 3 months alone.
Also I am a white female with red hair and hazel eyes that are relatively large.
I am decently attractive, not ugly or anything and I am 5'7 - 5'8. Should I expect a lot of stares? I have heard many stories about how you get stared at pictures taken etc Any truth to this?
Also I'll be 18 when I go.

I feel like I should include that I am not asking this because I think I should be looked at or given any special attention to, I'm just curious to know what my time will be like there.

Answer:


For the most part the Japanese are far too busy and in a hurry to stop and take pictures of a random person unless you are doing something crazy. Don't worry too much. Just be polite and be interested in their culture and you will have no problems meeting nice people. If offered try things that you thought you would never try (food, drink, karaoke ETC) even if you don't like it or are a terrible singer you'll gain respect for at least trying.

Tokyo is a beautiful yet crazy place you are in for the time of your life.

P.S Shibuya is a blast on the weekend night. Have a safe stay and I am jealous i would love to stay there for a few months. Also be sure to get a few(in case you lose one) english labeled subway maps they help out tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment