Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What is the best way for me to live in Japan?

Question:


Okay my situation is a little different.
I was born in Japan and moved to America when I was 1. (so I am a citizen)
I've gone to Japan before on vacation(longest 3 months) and I love it there.
I'm in High School and I want to live in Japan for an extended period of time.
I do know japanese pretty well because I took Japanese classes in America for 8 years. I'm still not really at the same level as most japanese people and I barely know any kanji.
I want to be a transfer student but that seems expensive and really hard because i'm pretty sure I would fail a lot of japanese classes like japanese history. or Koten(which is old japanese kanji)
Also I don't know how to talk to my parents about this because my grades aren't the best so I don't know if they would approve.

Answer:


Strangely enough, I think that the place you don't want to start is the place that you SHOULD start, that being with your parents. Firstly because you are not an adult and therefore you aren't going to be moving anywhere without their permission. Second because they are Japanese and know something firsthand about the system you will be entering. I do think that you said something correct in that it will be expensive, most likely because you aren't going to be going to a public school. Entrance exams and all that. Sounds like an international school will be more suited for you.

Talk to your parents. As for my opinion, you need to move out of the U.S. and into Japan like a fish needs a bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment