Thursday, August 4, 2011

Whats best job to go for in Japan?

Question:


Well thats the best way I could think to word it but......ok so I want to live in Japan no matter how much you guys might say I shouldn't i want to but I has a question...I do not know what I want to do in the future Job wise and I apply for colleges soon and I kinda just will do anything :/ Job wise it doesnt matter to me soooo what would be some good Jobs or Careers I could go to college for and then like be able to go to Japan easily because of them and stay in Japan?

Answer:


If you get your degree outside of Japan, and you have less than a PhD, then you are most likely going to end up as an English instructor. English instructor is not a particularly well paid or glamorous job, however, so you'll probably only do it a couple of years then head home. That is very typical (maybe 98% of foreigners).

If you choose to do your degree in Japan (such as on the Global 30 program, where you learn in English [as well as being taught Japanese]) then your job prospects should be much higher. Japanese companies (Sony, Hitachi, etc) are very unlikely to hire someone with a degree from outside of Japan (mainly because their traditional employment practices don't really target foreign countries), but if you graduate from a Japanese university your chances will be much higher.

I work on Tsukuba's G30 program - it is a pretty cost-effective way of getting a high quality education. You should check out our website (http://www.global.tsukuba.ac.jp)

No comments:

Post a Comment