Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Can I apply for Japan visa in Boston?

Question:


I have a citizenship of China. My US visa (J-1 status) will be expired in December. I am going to apply for Japan visa in November. However, my trip to Japan will be in February next year. I made a phone call to the consulate-general in Boston just now. The woman told me that I cannot apply for Japan visa because my US visa would be expired when I pay a visit to Japan. I am not sure whether this is true or not.

Answer:


Will you be making the trip to Japan from China or the US? I guess they are trying to say you need to apply from the Consulate in China since you will no longer be a resident of the US by February.

Try to explain your situation again to another person at the Consulate your situation and see what they can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment