Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Question about being an exchange student in japan?

Question:


Are you aloud to on your free time to leave the host family and take a train to a city for a bit like Akita or Tokyo ?

Answer:


This generally depends on your host family.

If you want to travel on your own, you can discuss it with your host. To be honest, they'll probably be a bit afraid and grateful at the same time. Afraid, because they're letting someone else's child wander around, and grateful, because let's face it, EVERYONE needs some alone time!

When I was an exchange student in Japan, I went on a trip to Tokyo for a few days by myself. I simply made the arrangements with my family and there were OK with it. Also, after awhile, we were on our own schedules. I was expected to be home for meals, but otherwise I could go places on my own on the weekend if the family wasn't doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment