Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Moving to Yokosuka Naval Base, Japan for 2 years. Anyone have any advice?

Question:


I'd like to hear from any other US Navy person who has moved from the US to Yokosuka, Japan under orders. There are a few questions I'd like answered but I'd like to hear any advice that would make my trip easier!

Would it be easier to sell a lot of my stuff or have them pack and ship it all out there. I'm just talking a studio apartment's worth of stuff.

I'm selling my SUV but I also have a Yamaha V-star motorcycle I want to take with me. Are those commonly seen out there? Or would I look ridiculous out there alongside the Japanese style bikes/scooters/cars?

Where would you recommend living? I'd like my own place, preferably near the base.

Thanks for reading, any additional advice would be helpful to me! (And anyone else in my situation that may stumble upon this question from a search engine!)

Answer:


RealAnswers, nailed it for you.

@Noh Yoy, obviously you aren't aware of the U.S and Japan's relationship. The U.S is protecting Japan from North Korea. And did you read her question? Why would she quit the military because of your ignorant thoughts? Nobody asked for your personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment