Thursday, September 1, 2011

Visiting Japan for the first time!?

Question:


Hey there yahoo answer...ers!
I'm heading to Japan during the month of March during my spring break! I've never been to Japan and I have no idea were to start planning :P So... I'm wondering, for all those people who have been to Japan, where do you think I should go? like... is there some AWESOME place I should plan on going? or some really awesome tour I could take? I'm going there with my Mom and I CANNOT SPEAK JAPANESE, but I will be taking an online class for Japanese because my school is too stupid to have a Japanese class :P so... yeah! Some answers for this would be great!

Domo Arigato :3

Answer:


threedaypriest gives good advice. For a tourist, your best choices are KYOTO and OSAKA!


KYOTO:
Go here for the temples, shrines, castles, etc. This is where you get your traditional Japanese fix, buy cool souvenirs, see some beautiful things, etc. It's likely the biggest tourist area in Japan and rightly so. Plus, you will be going in March, so the weather will be nice. I went in August and just about melted from the heat. ; ;

Be sure to eat sukiyaki while you're there!


OSAKA:
Go here for the bright lights, great food, outgoing people, good shopping/fashion/etc. It has a somewhat dirty yet "authentic" feel to it. Great food and nightlife, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment