Monday, October 17, 2011

How do you conjugate these verbs in japanese?

Question:


Okay, so I'm learning verb conjugation in japanese right now (self studying) and I'm doing all of my studying in english (u know what I mean xD ofc it's japanese still) but the thing is that my motherlanguage isn't english so I'm having quite much trouble figuring out all of the random words >_<
So can you please conjugate .. let's say "kiku" ^^ to:

I am listening.
I was listening.
I am not listening.
I wasn't listening.
I will not listen.

And any other form you possibly can ^__^ The problem is just that I don't know when to use what form so ~ please give me as many conjugations ans examples as possible ^^
If you can, please write in hiragana/katakana/kanji the answer AS WELL (not only) ^_^

Thanks! <3

Answer:


Kanji for kiku - 聞く

I am listening.    - ききます
I was listening.    - ききました
I am not listening. - ききません
I wasn't listening. - ききませんでした
I will not listen.    - present and future tense are the same so ききません

(Please) listen would be きって (ください)
Also, to connect verbs in a sentence (for example: I am listening and writing) you use て-form of the first verb so....
わたし は きって、 かきます。

Hopefully you find this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment