Monday, October 17, 2011

Is it faster to ship using AIR or EMS from Japan to Canada?

Question:


I am buying a Lolita skirt from Bodyline, and I am hoping for it to arrive by Halloween. My friend said she got her's in about 1-2 weeks after ordering. She used AIR shipping. EMS is only a few dollars more, so is it faster? Or is it just because it allows you to receive all items at the same time.(Though I'm only purchasing one thing)

Answer:


Generally speaking, EMS takes 3-5 days, SAL (which I guess is what you mean by air) takes 1-2 weeks, and sea mail takes a few months. Of course, things can happen, packages can get lost or misdirected, and even choosing EMS is not a 100% guarantee that your package will arrive by a particular date. That said, I have had dozens of packages shipped to me from Japan and Korea by EMS and so far they have all arrived within that 3-5 day time frame with no problems. If you're in a rush and you want the best chance of getting your package on time, EMS is the way to go.

Also, every shipping method allows you to receive all of your items at once unless otherwise stated, and usually that would be an issue with the company the items are from, not with the shipping method.

No comments:

Post a Comment