Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Learning Japanese Question?

Question:


Ok so I am 21 years old and about to finish up my Bachelors degree. I want to learn Japanese fluently but I know that will take years. So I am looking for basic Japanese/Conversational etc.

Here is the problem. I live in Northern Maine, (Originally from Springfield, Mass) and up here there are 0 classes. Not even throughout the 5-6 universities up here; there are no Japanese Language classes anywhere. I am not a huge fan of taking a language online because its harder to actually listen to what an everyday tone and accent sounds like and programs like Rosetta Stone (Which I do have) don't actually teach you what the grammar means or how to use it, its all just guess and check until you can say the correct sentence even if you don't understand it fully.

So my question is how should I go about learning Japanese without any classes, private lessons, groups, clubs or really anyone to help at all? I have been trying to self teach a bit but its getting rather hard.

Suggestions?

Answer:


I would suggest simply buying an introductory japanese text book. Do all the excercises and work thoroughly. nakama 1 and 2 are the ones I used in my college courses and were very easy and explanatory. Needless to say it takes a lot of time and dedication to learn a language.
がんばって下さい!

No comments:

Post a Comment