Friday, December 9, 2011

Just some quick Japanese questions?

Question:


1) What is the meaning/use of "wo"? In listening to natives speak, I've often noticed it used but it's not listed as an official particle or word.
2) How would you say "3 hours" as opposed to "3 o'clock"?
3) How would you say "like", as in "similar to" or "[this] is like [that]"?
4) How would you express "for", as in "this is for you"?
5) Can you correctly use more than one polite verbs in a sentence (ex. "I cooked, cleaned, and now I'm taking out the trash" --> "watashi wa ryouri shite to souji shimashita to ima gomi o sutemasu")?

I'm in the process of self-teaching myself Japanese, but I can't seem to find these anywhere. I politely ask that you put your answers in romanji, as my computer isn't equipped to read Japanese and neither am I. Examples would be great, as well, but please remember that I'm only between high-beginner and low-intermediate in fluency.

10 points to the best answer.

Answer:


1, Wo is an official particle. I think you are taking something wrong.

2, 3 hours is sanjikan. 3 o'clock is sanji.

3, There are many ways to say it, like "youna" "gotoku", etc.

4, It depends on context. There is not one single word for "for".

5, "watashi wa ryouri shite to souji shimashita

You need to say "watashi wa ryouri to souji wo shimashita" in this case. You don't need the first shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment