Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Best season to go to Japan for an exchange student?

Question:


I am going to be going to Japan as an exchange student for one semester (Japanese Semester). I can either go for the April - October semester or the October - March semester. If I was to go for the Oct - Mar I would be able to go sooner (as it would be this year 2011-2012) But then I would be there for the colder fall/winter months.
On the other hand I would have to wait a year still to go for the Apr - Oct semester. But then I would be there for the cherry blossoms and the warmer seasons.

Side note: I will be going somewhere around Hokkaido (Just to give you an idea of the area)

So I want to ask people who have experience (Either have been to Japan or live there) Which do you think would be the best decision and why?

Answer:


Like others have suggested. Most definitely April - October because of the cherry blossoms starting in early April. You should also try hanami (picnicking under the cherry trees) as it is one of the best ways to experience the Japanese culture.

Here are the cherry blossom photos in my past two trips to the Kansai area. Trust me. You don't want to miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment