Tuesday, April 5, 2011

If I can't work in Japan without a degree, will I be able to as a student?

Question:


I've already finished high school, and I have my diploma. I also just completed a 120hr. Course of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). I do realize that I can't work in Japan without a degree, but if I go in as a student, will I be able to? Anyways, I was also thinking about financial aid to pay for my college, will that be possible? Oh,and another thing. Is it possible that I can apply for permission to work part time in Japan?... I heard getting permission on a student visa can be tricky. Any advice?

The part time job that I had in mind was being a english teacher. Will I be an assistant teacher, or a full head on teacher, and how much do they pay? Thanks!

Answer:


You need to ask the permission of the school you are studying and the immigration office. The working hours is also limited. You won't work as a teacher in school as no one will hire you. You can only do freelance teaching or tutoring. Maybe 500-800 yen per hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment