Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sudent visa in Japan?

Question:


I have a student visa for Japan, 15 months, i have not yet used it. Actually, due to the earthquake I cannot start until second semester. and will have to get a new visa before then.
I want to just stay in Japan and live and work here until the second semester starts. At which time i'll go back to my country and get a new student visa to readjust to the time of study (basically i will go home for just 2 weeks or something). The current one would allow me to reside in Japan longer than 90 days. But because I'm not technically a student at this time, is it illegal? is it void? And more importantly would i be able to work legally? some Chinese friends of mine said you can work 20 hours on a student visa but i don't know the Japanese rules :S

I know that with a work visa once you have been issued it, its yours, and even if you quit the job that gave you the visa, tha'ts just too bad for them, you're allowed to stay get a new job etc until the date you must leave

can anyone answer these questions for me? Thanks in advance!

Answer:


you can work part time on a student visa. not full time. if you get hired by a company full time the have to sponsor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment