Friday, April 29, 2011

What to expect in Niigata station? help!?

Question:


Hi, I plan to Niigata station through limited Inaho. From the platform, I must then locate Toyoko Inn which is near the Bandai East Exit. My worry is that, will there be direction in English just like those stations in Tokyo??

I'm really worried to the point that I want to cancel my trip but then I've invested so much money on this....

please help??

Answer:


No need to worry.

I think I recall seeing signs in English for both the exit and the inn (the inn is connected to the station so no need for a cab!) but if i am mistaken your other (and maybe better option) is to walk up to agent at the station (where you present your ticket as you exit the gate) and ask for them to point out where the Bandai East Exit (say something like: "sumimasen, bandai higashi deguchi doko deska?"). Whatever he says, repeat it to confirm and head in that direction

You could also ask whether the Toyoko Inn is close by (something like: "Toyoko Inn Niigata ekimae doko desuka?")

Safe travel

No comments:

Post a Comment