Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Communal Showers in Japan?

Question:


I'm going to a camp in Japan for four days this summer. We'll all be bathing and showering together, and I was just wondering about etiquette and stuff like that, mostly for the showering. I take really long showers, and I don't want to be rude, how long is long enough? Also, what happens if I'm on my period? I don't want to bleed everywhere in the shower. D: Any other advice?

Answer:


The length of the shower depends upon how much water is available. If it's like the showers I have found on car-camping trips, the showers aren't communal in the sense that everybody is in there at the same time. One by one. And they are coin-operated. I guess it's possible you have a truly communal shower, in which case I would suspect that the water heater is an on-demand type that isn't going to run out of water. Being rude? Maybe being strange would be another word. I'd get it, wash off and call it quits. On your period? I would think a tampon would solve that problem. Bring some with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment