Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taking a trip to japan and need help pricing?

Question:


I'm going to already have my hotel and flight covered but I want to spend about a week and a half in Japan. Staying around Haneda Airport but spending a lot of time in Toyko and Yokosuka-shi. I'm wondering what a rough estimate will be for staying there that long.
Some info on me:
I don't drink sodas and will be packing a lot of water for myself.
I would love to try all types of food while I'm there but I'm a picky eater and not crazy about fish (wont be eating octopus or squid most likely).
I do want to buy a few items I could take home to remember my trip by but I mainly want to site see and go to festivals while I'm there. As well as learn more about the Japanese culture.

I'm mainly worried about the cost of food, and the train/transportation. I'm also having a difficult time trying to figure out the conversion of USD to YEN.
Also would 2000 USD be enough to be in Japan that long? Or is that too much/little? Help please!

Answer:


That should be more than enough. Be aware there are plenty of places to eat. They have McDonald's and KFC as well as other American style food places.
I wouldn't bother taking any water. It's way too heavy. Bottled water is easy to find there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment