Saturday, June 25, 2011

Help with Japanese homework! (I'll give best answer and five stars)?

Question:


I have to read the passage and answer the questions...


passage: http://i52.tinypic.com/27xnwaq.png



I have to answer these questions (Can someone please give me some basic answers I don't really understand them...)



1. 何の会社が日系企業だったのか。

2. どのような日系企業だったのか。

3. 脅かす者がいたのは、ジョーンズさんがどんなことを言った時か。

4. それは、ジョーンズさんが誰にそのことを言った時か。

5. 何と言って脅かすものがいたのか。

6.「そのようなこと」は、どのようなことか。 <ーーーwtf lol

7. 課長さんはどのような人なのか。

8. ジョーンズさんは、何ができたのか。

9. ジョーンズさんは、なぜそのことができたのか。



I'll give best answer and 5 stars to any help! I know it's a lot..Thanks so much! :)

Answer:


Oh boy. Now I've seen everything. Someone who is actually proud of himself for using Google Translate and is condescending to a person trying to get a factual translation.
"Cash shortage issue" is apparently not the only issue you are dealing with.

While you were making your sarcastic reply, did you stop and consider the fact that Google Translate was spitting out nonsensical sentence fragments?

1. How many companies were Japanese companies.
2. What was what Japanese companies. 

3. Was a threat, or what Mr. Jones said when.
4. Is it that someone said that when Mr. Jones.
5. I was saying what a threat.
6., "Like that", or any such thing. <Wtf lol 
 ーーー
7.'s Manager is a person or what. 

8. Mr. Jones, you could be anything.
09. Ms. Jones is whether that could be why.


WTF LOL indeed. I don't know which one is my favorite but I'll go with number 7 as particularly sublime stupidity:
"課長さんはどのような人なのか。”
" 's Manager is a person or what." = This sentence got your seal of approval? This is what you arrogantly profess as "magic?" Not even close. Every single part of that sentence is wrong. And to think someone could read that in English and think it was correct boggles the mind. I've been a teacher for a decade and haven't seen language skills that low outside of the kids who ride the short bus to school.
Anyway, the right answer is "What kind of person is the boss (manager/section chief)?"
So question-asking person: I would encourage you to do your own homework, since that is the only way to learn. You don't want to end up like the first answerer.
But some tips:

Ending in か is a question---
Question words:
何の      nani/nan no what
どのような dono you na what kind of
誰 dare who
なぜ naze why
どんな     donna what kind of

If you have any other specific questions instead of just "Do my homework for me and I'll give you 5 POINTS!!!!" I'm sure people would be more willing to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment