Saturday, June 25, 2011

I want to study cosmetology in Japan.. How?

Question:


I am a foreigner and can speak basic japanese. I'm going to take Japanese classes for the language but I was just wondering about the requirements to get into a Beauty School in Tokyo? Do you have to have a cosmetology licence? Or can you just apply with no previous experience?
cheers :D

Answer:


You are going to need native level Japanese for this. To get a license there you would have to take their written tests, which are in Japanese.
Yet another problem is, you're not Japanese. Few Japanese women will go to a non-Japanese cosmetologist.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you can still enroll at cosmetology school in Japan as some of them already accepts non native language speakers but, contrary to the answer above, some of my friends or most of them actually prefer foreign cosmetologists.

    ReplyDelete