Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When I go to live in Japan, will I face any discrimination in trying to date a Japanese woman?

Question:


By date I do not mean; dinner and yum yum

but a serious relationship that may lead to marriage

Answer:


I had a feeling that you wish the relationship with a Japanese girl to be serious one that leads to marriage hopefully because you'll never know who you are going to meet/fall and how it will go. While you're in Japan, you'll have lots of chances to meet non-Japanese girls.

As some others say, once you get married, the big thing you'll face is not 'discrimination', but some difficulty in dealing with in-lows. And you can't put your girl to trouble being a translator each time.
My husband, for example (of non-Japanese), was very welcome to our family/relatives. One thing is he spoke good Japanese and my family was more "open" than average Japanese (e.g. speaking English or having knowledge of other culture) Secondly, or the fact that attracted my family was this East European guy was very polite and thoughtful about others, say, group-minded-like person (probably more than myself...)
Oh, he had never thought/planned to marry a Japanese girl, though (that's what he said.)

No comments:

Post a Comment