Friday, July 29, 2011

Advice about living near Shinjuku/Shibuya?

Question:


I want to live near Shinjuku or Shibuya in Tokyo and be close to the most youthful parts of Tokyo. Would I still be able to experience this if I live somewhere on the Yamanote line (i.e. Ikebukuro, Ebisu)? I'm also very interested in any artsy districts (i.e. cafes, Apple stores, modern art museums)

Also, I was thinking to rent a live-work loft or a studio apartment on the Yamanote line... Gaba says they will pay me ¥250,000. Do you have any links to find lofts/studios around that rate?

If you just answer part of the question that's ok.

Answer:


It's unrealistic to live in Shibuya or Shinjuku only with 250,000 yen salary. You have to pay taxes and others so your actual disposable income will be like 210,000 yen.

And it will cost you 100,000 yen even for a small studio in Shibuya or Shinjuku. You wouldn't have much money to spend on other things.

>Would I still be able to experience this if I live somewhere on the Yamanote line (i.e. Ikebukuro, Ebisu)?

You can easily go to other places as Tokyo has extensive train network. I think Sugamo or Komagome are cheaper places on Yamanote line.

No comments:

Post a Comment