Friday, August 19, 2011

Do I need a US passport? Moving to Japan with navy husband...?

Question:


I've a quick question.
My husband and I recently got married (May 2011) and had a baby (July 2011) and he has orders to Japan in October. We have already done our medical checks, and we are applying for our sons passport and SSN tomorrow at the Embassy as we are in Bahrain.
Because his command wont sponsor me here due to him only having 2 months left, I have to pay for own flight to Japan.

So my question is:
Can I go to Japan with my American Husband and the US Navy with my British passport and get a SOFA, or do I need to obtain US citizenship and get an "official" passport.

All info is greatly appreciated

Answer:


US military personnel can bring spouse and children to Japan no matter what citizenship.

No comments:

Post a Comment