Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Japanese birthday traditions, anyone?

Question:


Alright, so I realized it's my birthday today, and since I plan to move to Japan in seven years I was wondering about Japanese birthday traditions. What happens? What type of gifts are given, how many? (none at all? I doubt it...) Is there a birthday song that is sung? Is cake eaten or something else? What time of day... all of that stuff. I'd like to know how different it is from here in the west (America :P).
And finally...
How do you say happy birthday (romaji and characters please! [No romaji if it's only kana])
どうもありがとう皆さん。日本大好きです!^~^

Answer:


We also sing "Happy birthday to you" in English. Everybody in Japan knows that song.
But I wonder why birthday is happy? You are just getting old. Are you really happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment