Sunday, August 28, 2011

Whats the Gaming scene in Japan like?

Question:


I am an Avid gamer and when I finish College in the next year or so I plan on getting into the gaming field as a career as a producer or something fairly close. I know the gaming scene in America and Europe is rather large but and even in Korea SC2 is very large but I never hear anything about Japan. Living in Japan is one of my goals one day but I have never heard of any competitions or competitive gaming companies or tournaments that are located in Japan. Can anyone enlighten me on the scene going on over there?

Answer:


I am confused by your question. As was mentioned about Nintendo and Square Enix are huge. There is also Wii which came out of Japan. Final Fantasy......Seriously? I just don't know where you are coming from. A ton of games are released in Japan, translated, and released in the U.S. Maybe you just don't know that when you play them.

Anyway, as for living in Japan, there is a saying that gets thrown around a lot on these forums. If you are good at what you do in your own country, it will be easy for you to move to Japan. This is true especially of video games. Move to Seattle or California and get into the business in the U.S. then work on getting to Japan from there. There is no way Nintendo or Square Enix Japan will hire a foreigner without an N2 JLPT and a lot of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment