Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Would i have an easier time finding a robotics job in Japan than America?

Question:


I'm planning on going into the robotics career when I go to college. Japan is full of robots, and I was wondering if I have a better chance finding a good robotics job there than in the U.S.

Answer:


I will tell you some facts through the view point of Japanese electronics makers.

First, Japanese companies do not regard your experience as a career because the knowledge/experience which you have learnt in college only means that you have minimum skill.
Second, if you are not a native Japanese speaker, you will bring many troubles which relate to communication. It is a serious negative point for the company to employ you.
What is your selling point, then?
If you don't have any, I have to say you can't.

If you really want to work in one of Japanese electronics companies, you'd better go to Japanese university because some professors can introduce you to Japanese companies. And you can learn Japanese language/custom through university life.

As for this matter, all the chances always depend on your effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment