Sunday, September 11, 2011

Can the Japanese post office understand a Japanese address written in English characters?

Question:


I want to send my friend a card for his birthday, and he lives in Japan. I can write his address in the Japanese characters, but I'm wondering if I write his address in English characters in the proper format, would the people in the Japanese post office be able to understand the address?

Would the address written in English get safely to its destination? Or would it be best to write it in Japanese characters?

Thank you!!!

Answer:


English characters is fine. Just write it as I told you in your last question and you shouldn't have any problems. And just to clarify my last answer, if you include an apartment number you should put it on the same line as "X-XX-X Fukuzumi"

No comments:

Post a Comment