Saturday, September 24, 2011

Do Japanese people hate Americans?

Question:


if so, why?

Answer:


As with every country, it depends on the person. In general, though, the answer is no. Some students learning english will go so far in their studies to wait outside international airports and strike up conversations with Americans and/or an english speaking person to practice. (now THAT'S dedication). I've also heard that some Japanese youths are infatuated with the classic 50's American Americana. I'm not sure how true that is, but my Japanese professor it to me, so I figured it was worth mentioning. Also, I've heard that foreigners in Japan can have a very hard time getting a job and/or finding someone that will sell or rent them a home/apartment without a Japanese company to vouch for them.

I hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment