Thursday, September 29, 2011

Most likely moving to Japan soon, just one problem...?

Question:


I had my bachelors degree in business for awhile now, and I may soon be getting a working visa. There are a lot of business jobs in Japan, and I've wanted to move there for quite some time. I also have money saved up to make the trip, every thing's set :) However, I have a thyroid disorder, so I need to take my medication every day. I'm not sure how I would get my medicine in Japan...would I have to go to a doctor and have him prescribe it? I know this sounds like a dumb question, but I'm not sure how I'd get my medicine, and it might stop me from moving :( Please, someone explain how I'd go about getting my medication in Japan, as a foreigner. Thanks in advance, for all responses.

Answer:


The most common option is to go to a doctor in Japan and get your medicine there.

There is no problem in it. But if you tell us which medicine you are using now, I can check if it's available in Japan.

Addition:
Levoxyl is available under the name of "THYRADIN-S・" in Japan. So you can go to a doctor in Japan and ask if you can get it.

Its photo.
http://www.qlife.jp/meds/rx5357.html

No comments:

Post a Comment