Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Are things in Japan more expensive?

Question:


I'm 16 so maybe I'm over thinking things but I don't see anything wrong with planning ahead. My mother told me about how her friend moved to Japan, she was working class over here but in Japan she was considered a millionaire. So I thought it would be a freaking awesome idea to move to Japan. I found out that £1 is ¥121 so I would be very rich with very little British money. So I thought there must be a catch and I found out that houses over there are very expensive. Is Japan expensive, am I just being stupid thinking about this? Or could me and my friend open a shop over there as we'd like too :)

Answer:


I think you're very confused, More yen doesn't mean more money ! So you wouldn't be very rich.
I can only relate to dollars & yen, not pounds. You would need a couple hundred thousand dollars to open a business in Japan. Yeah, there is a catch. A higher number doesn't mean it's worth more.

No comments:

Post a Comment